West Bengal Freeship scheme 2022 | All details | How to apply
The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from the year 2011. WBFS is for the under Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programs conducted by the self-financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be borne by the beneficiary.
|Online Application Form Submission||08-12-2021 3:00:00 PM|
|Last Date for Apply Online||31-01-2022|
Eligibility for students who can apply under WBFS
- Merit rank in State Level/National Level Entrance Examination.
- Candidate must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- Annual family income of the candidate must not be more than Rs.2.50 lakhs.
- Candidates selected under the Tuition-Free Waiver (TFW) Scheme of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) or West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme will not be eligible under this WBFS.
Step 1: Online Registration
At first, applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form. On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to log in and complete the remaining Steps of the Application process. The Applicant Id is also required for all future correspondences. Please maintain the Password Policy, for choosing the Password in the Registration Form, as instructed in the registration form. Please download the Registration Slip or note down the system-generated Applicant ID for future use. The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
Step 2: Online Application
Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during the Registration Process), and Captcha (Security Code). After successful login, fill in the up rest of the application forms. While uploading Scanned Copy the of Image (Photograph) and Signature, please maintain the File Format and File Size as mentioned. Image (Photograph) and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be in between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
Step 3: Upload Documents: After the successful submission of application forms, the form to upload scanned supporting documents will appear. Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form. While uploading, please maintain the File Format and File Size, as mentioned. Files should be in PDF format and the size should not exceed 400KB.
Documents to be uploaded:
i: Marksheet Of (10+2)the Std. Examination
ii: Merit Rank Card
iii: Domicile Certificate(Format of Domicile Certificate is available under Download menu)
iv: Income Certificate of Family(Format of Income Certificate of Family is available under Download menu)
Competent authority to issue Income Certificate:
To determine the Annual Income of the parents/ guardians of the students, an officer of the State Government in the rank of Joint Block Developer Officer or above in the district/ their equivalent counterparts (Group-A Officer) elsewhere will be competent to issue an Income Certificate.
Competent authority to issue Domicile Certificate in the prescribed Proforma in any one of A or B which is applicable:
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector, Sub-Divisional Officer, Block Development Officer.
- Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police.
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissionerate.
- Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Corporate Area Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner.
- Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal (including GTA) or Central Government.
- Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
Step 4: Final Submission
After the successful upload of supporting documents, the online application is shown in view mode. You can edit the information if needed at that time. Now the submission process will be completed by clicking on the “Final Submit Application” button from the view application.
Note: Please note that after the final submission of the online application, the application cannot be edited anymore.
For more such updates visit https://zero2placement.com/