NARL initiated research programs
National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL) is engaged in frontline atmospheric/ionospheric research, including weather & climate, space weather, and planetary ionosphere, using observations and modeling. NARL is also engaged in the development of new experimental techniques and the indigenization of technologies. NARL has recently initiated research programs of national interest addressing contemporary issues linked with urbanization, extreme weather, regional climate, and pollution.
NARL has also initiated cooperative research programs with national institutes and universities, employing ST/MST radars and GNSS/NaVIC receiver networks.
Fellowship Amount :
For 1st & 2nd years Rs. 31,000/month (Consolidated)
For the subsequent years Rs.35,000/ month
a) First Class or equivalent CGPA Grade as declared by University in Post –
Graduate degree in the following subjects :
- Physics/Atmospheric Science /Space Physics / Meteorology / Applied Chemistry /Geophysics/ Earth System Sciences or equivalent with Physics or Atmospheric Science or Space Physics
or Meteorology as core subjects.
- Any Specialization of Electronics Engineering / Communication Engineering / Optical Engineering / Photonics / Instrumentation Engineering.
b) Qualified in CSIR-UGC NET / GATE / JAM / JEST.
a) Pre-eligibility qualification at the Graduate level should be in First class with an aggregate minimum of 60% marks or
equivalent CGPA grade as declared by the University.
b) Those who have appeared in Final year examinations are also eligible to apply. They, however, need to produce
the final P.G degree certificate at the time of the interview.
c) All the positions are on a purely temporary basis only.
Age Limit :
Preferably 28 years as on the last date of receipt of applications;
Note: Relaxation in maximum age limit is applicable for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD), Ex-Servicemen, OBC, and SC/ST as per Govt. of India orders.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS :
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at
least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No inquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
NOTE-I: THE PRESCRIBED ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS ARE THE MINIMUM AND THE MERE POSSESSION OF
THE SAME DOES NOT ENTITLE CANDIDATES TO BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
NOTE-II: IN THE EVENT OF THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS BEING LARGE, NARL WILL ADOPT A SHORTLISTING
CRITERIA TO RESTRICT THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES TO BE CALLED FOR INTERVIEW TO A
REASONABLE NUMBER BY ANY OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS:
- Based on higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement
- Based on higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- By counting experience after the acquisition of essential qualifications.
- Candidates with CGPA grades need to furnish the conversion factor (from CGPA to Percentage) decided by the University.
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-servicemen candidates are required to produce a copy of the certificate in the prescribed format signed by the specified Authority at the time of interview. A person who wants to avail of the benefit of a PWD reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format.
- Degree of disability for a reservation: only such person would be eligible for reservation in services/posts who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability.
- PAY AND ALLOWANCES: Fellowship and eligible/admissible allowances as per Rules in vogue from time to time and other facilities, such as medical facilities, and subsidized canteen are also extended.
- The date of determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for submitting the online application on the website 03.10.2022.
- The decision of NARL in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, and conduct of interview, will be final and binding on the candidates and no inquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or agency on behalf of the candidate.
- The application for online registration will be hosted on the NARL website between 03.09.2022 (10:00Hrs IST) to 03.10.2022 (23:59Hrs IST). The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may apply duly following the procedure stated.
- Academic credentials along with photos are to be uploaded along with the application. Candidate(s) should be ready to submit uploaded credentials in support of educational qualification, age, category, etc., at the time of the interview, failing which candidature will be summarily rejected.
- Candidates have also to personally upload his/her relevant experience in the desired field, Awards/Scholarship / OfficialAppreciation / Affiliation with the professional bodies/institutions/societies in a single pdf file in such a way that the size of the file does not exceed 2 MB.
- Applications will be received online only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an online Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for further reference. The E-mail ID of the applicant is to be given in the application compulsorily. The last date for submitting an online application is 03.10.2022. All further communications or any change will be made to the applicants through e-mail / NARL website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check his/her e-mail and visit the NARL website from time to time invariably.
OTHER CONDITIONS :
a) Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed Sleeper-Class train fare by the shortest route to the place of the interview from the Railway Station nearest to the normal place of residence of the candidate or from which he/she performs the journey, whichever, is nearer to the place of interview, and back to the same station or the amount of Railway fare incurred by the candidate whichever is less.
b) The place of posting is NARL, Gadanki.
c) The numbers of posts indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirements of the Organization.
d) Candidates called for an interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted online, at the time of interview. If any information furnished online is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
e) NARL reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts if it so desires.
f) Only Indian nationals need to apply.
g) No interim correspondence will be entertained.
h) Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
i) Government strives to have a workforce that reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
It is the absolute responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria as notified and has fully complied with the procedural requirements and time limits stipulated for the submission of an online application. Any deviations from the procedures notified would result in cancellation of candidature and no representation on the matter will be entertained.
For more such updates on jobs and internships visit https://zero2placement.com/