Microsoft is hiring interns through Fix-a-thon (PPO opportunity)
Microsoft Corporation, leading developer of personal-computer software systems and applications. The company also publishes books and multimedia titles, produces its line of hybrid tablet computers, offers e-mail services, and sells electronic game systems and computer peripherals (input/output devices). It has sales offices throughout the world. In addition to its main research and development center at its corporate headquarters in Redmond, Washington, U.S., Microsoft operates research labs in Cambridge, England (1997); Beijing, China (1998); Bengaluru, India (2005); Cambridge, Massachusetts (2008); New York, New York (2012); and Montreal, Canada (2015).
Microsoft conducts Fix-a-thon for hiring final-year college students for the role of Support Engineering interns. Support engineers are part of Microsoft’s Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) team.
- Job number: 1382319
- Date posted: Sep 6, 2022
- Travel: 0-25 %
- Profession: Technical Support
- Role type: Individual Contributor
- Employment type: Internship
- Work Site Flexibility: Microsoft on-site only
Every day and all over the world, billions of people and organizations choose Microsoft.
Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) is on the front lines. We work seamlessly across Microsoft to respond to customer requests, solve unique problems, support the creation of transformative technologies, and uphold our brand promise to enable every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Support Engineers (SE) provide technical support to Microsoft’s customers and partners via phone, email, and the web. They add value by collectively and reactively resolving customer issues, offering proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, and developing self-help assets to reach a wider audience. They are a member of a team that is responsible for providing exceptional technical assistance to our commercial customers. They own and control the client experience via the phone and on the web, from problem detection to complete resolution. When necessary, they work with others to enlist the help of subject matter experts, engineers, or management.
- Technical Competency: In Microsoft products, CE&S engineers should have technical Knowledge of the Product. Involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty.
- Connecting with Customer: Evangelizing the product through customer connect, being the ‘face’ of the product. Represent Microsoft and communicate with enterprise customers to find solutions for technically complex problems identified in Microsoft products.
- Troubleshooting complex issues/Problems: Solve highly complex problems (at different levels) which require technical competency of the product and need customer handling skills.
- Plan, Collaborate and execute: Identifying the problem to troubleshoot and collaborate with cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups to resolve customer issues whenever required.
- Students who are pursuing BE/B. Tech in CSE/IT/other quantitative branches.
- Year of degree completion: 2023
- CGPA above 8 in the current degree.
- You should not have participated in any Microsoft hiring event in the last 12 months.
- 3 months: April – June 2023.
- If you choose to apply, you should be available for a 3-months internship during this period.
- Stipend INR 25,000/- per month
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Registration & Launch
- When – Register before 16th Sept 2022 by 2 PM
- Register as an individual – Complete your application by Clicking here
- You will be notified via email if you are shortlisted in this phase & shall be invited for a launch webinar on 21st Sept 2022
- All shortlisted candidates shall undergo a GD round for screening
- When – 29th Sept 2022
- Part 1: Individual Break fix Challenge (Troubleshooting the given case)
- Part 2: Hackathon Teams will be formed by us who will hack together
Semi-final & Final
- When – 13th – 15th Oct
- Shortlisted teams will qualify for the Semi-final round of presentation
- Teams who have nailed their semi-final shall be invited for the final round
For more updates on jobs and internships visit https://zero2placement.com/