ISRO launched a FREE COURSE with FREE CERTIFICATE on the basics of Geographical Information System
ISRO has invited applications from interested candidates for a free online course called basics of geographical information system for which students with a minimum qualification of under graduation or post graduation can apply. This is the third module that is being offered amongst a series of online courses being conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), which is a center of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
The course, which will be conducted from 27 September to 22 October 2021, will cover geographical information systems, databases, topology, spatial analysis, and open-source software. Apart from students, technical or scientific staff of central or state government, faculty, and researchers at universities or institutions may also apply. Only 5000 participants will be allowed, and ISRO certificates will be rewarded based on 70% attendance and 40 % passing marks.
Topics to be Covered in ISRO Free Online Course
- Introduction to geographical information system.
- Geographic phenomena, concepts, and examples.
- Geographical information system data models including spatial and non-spatial.
- Data inputting and editing in a geographical information system.
- Spatial analysis.
- Map projection concepts and Use in remote sensing and geographical information system.
- Spatial analysis: vector and raster.
- Open-source software technology and tools.
- Overview of spatial data quality.
- Uncertainty in geographical information systems and error propagation.
- Overview of machine learning for a geographical information system.
- Overview of big data analytics.
- Recent trends in geoinformatics.
Interested and eligible candidates will have to submit applications on the official website. Participants can register using the Individual registration option if their institute is not registered under the IIRS Outreach network by entering the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun as the nodal center. Course study materials like lecture slides, video-recorded lectures, open source software, and handouts of demonstrations will be made available through e-class.
For more such updates visit https://zero2placement.com/