IBM Research Internship for the 2023 batch
International Business Machines (IBM), is a global technology company that provides hardware, software, cloud-based services, and cognitive computing.
Nicknamed ‘Big Blue’, the company offers cloud products in the shape of Bluemix, a SoftLayer cloud, and data analytics, or cognitive computing capabilities, with the Watson supercomputer.
While the company has expanded its portfolio from server hardware, this is still an area that it operates in with the z Series mainframe.
The company also offers software with the likes of its DB2 database offering and IBM SPSS.
IBM India Research Lab is a premier research lab not only in India but also in the Asia region. The India lab has an impressive list of achievements and innovations in AI, Hybrid Cloud, and Security. Here we focus on a wide array of projects in exploratory and applied research from multiple domains like NLP, Conversation systems, Data and AI, Distributed systems, Cryptography, and many more. We have a vibrant and growing open source program in established communities such as Hyperledger and Kubernetes.
They have many internship positions available and are seeking highly motivated students with a background in computer science, artificial intelligence, applied mathematics, or equivalent areas. The ability to work independently with the latest tools in these focus areas is highly desired.
IBM Research is the organic growth engine of IBM and an innovation engine for our customers and partners. As part of this mission, IBM Research anticipates and examines ‘What’s Next in Computing’ to ultimately create and integrate the technologies the world relies upon to solve big challenges and unlock new opportunities. We create and pioneer new markets for IBM, our partners, and customers as exemplified in our ongoing quest to reach practical and large-scale quantum computing. Across IBM Research, we realize the power and potential to accelerate discovery with our partners and clients by combining the power of high-performance computing, AI, and Quantum, all integrated through the hybrid cloud.
- State / Province: Multiple
- IBM Business Group: Research
- Primary job category: Other
- Secondary Job Category: Unassigned
- Role ( Job Role ): Student/Intern
- Type: Full-Time
- Contract type: Internship
- New Collar Role: No
- Early Professional Track: No Track
- Position Type: Intern
- Travel Required: No Travel
- Company: (0063) IBM India Private Limited
- Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive-based position? No
Qualifications and Skills
- Student must be enrolled in one of the following degree programs: Btech/MS/Mtech/PhD
- Preferred degrees include Computer science, Mathematics.
- Students should have decent Linux programming exposure.
- Good to have some exposure to open source projects within Kubernetes/Big Data platform communities such as Knative, Operators, Fluentd, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Good knowledge of software engineering practices including agile processes
- Student must have very strong problem-solving aptitude and ability to delve into multifaceted pieces of knowledge
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. The recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following the submission of your application.
For more updates on jobs and internships visit https://zero2placement.com/