Backend Engineering Intern
FamPay is building India’s first neo-bank exclusively teens. FamPay helps teens make their own online and offline payments through UPI, FamPay App and FamCard. Our aim is to make banking cool for teens and to help them learn the value of money, savings and spending wisely. We are on a mission to raise a new, financially aware generation, and drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers to kickstart their financial journey super early in their life.
Founded in 2019 by IIT Roorkee alumni, FamPay is backed by some of the most respected investors around the world like Elevation Capital, Y-Combinator, Sequoia Capital India, Venture Highway, Global Founder’s Capital and the likes of Kunal Shah, Amrish Rao as angels.
About this Role
We’ve got your back if you’ve got ours!
We take our internship program very seriously and hope to get our future team members from among our interns. You can take up as challenging a work as you are capable of. Our backend team is very strong and you will get to learn a lot, while you help us advance our backend infrastructure.
We are looking for interns of the 1st order. You should get a rush from creating things from scratch and take pleasure in watching users try to tear it apart through sheer volume and strange, unthinkable use cases. And when it breaks, you are to the Fam’s rescue! Make everything smooth, secure and stronger than ever! If you inhale resilience and exhale code, apply now!
Curious to know about FamPay’s tech stack? Click here to know what makes and keeps FamPay running!
On the Job
- Build and enhance core systems at FamPay
- Craft clean, manageable code and maintain proper documentation
- Create, test & deploy the applications on production servers for new feature development
- B.Tech in computer science or equal work experience
- Strong programming expertise in Python, Django, and GoLang will be an added advantage
- Previous internship experience in product based companies/startups
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Contribution to Google summer of code (GSoC) or any open-source project would be a huge plus
Why should you join us?
Every once in a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why was this not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users & investors, and we are building a team that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that finds purpose and joy in their work, and we also go beyond it to put heavy emphasis on having fun at work as well.
1. Competitive Stipend
2. Certificate and Letter of Recommendation
3. Subscriptions to premium platforms
4. Access to Mental Health professionals
5. Friendly leaves policy that’ll make your friends jealous
6. Flexible work schedule so you never miss brunch, lunch, or dinner plans
7. Chance to work full-time at FamPay