Courses After 12th PCB | All Details|
Class 12th is one of the essential phases of a student’s life where they can make or break their future. They must choose the stream wisely, as it initiates the aspirant’s career and shapes the future ahead. Mainly there are three streams which a student can choose in class 12th, and they are-
There are great courses that one can do after selecting any of the streams. This article will discuss the courses a student can opt for after choosing a science stream in biology, i.e. PCB. There are multiple courses after class 12th which you can pursue and make your career in.
Students are advised to dig the internet and research well to select high sales and high salary after 12th Science PCB. In the present scenario, there are a lot of great opportunities to be pursued. Many new courses have been introduced and the employment rate has increased in comparison to previous years.
Students need to keep track of new courses after the 12th PCB and choose the option that suits their interests. Aspirants should also make sure about the course’s future relevance and package to earn well and grow as an individual.
How to choose high-salary courses after 12th PCB?
- Analyze your interest and search for the courses that fascinate and excite you.
- Research the courses in your field and make sure they offer a secured job and decent salary.
- Dig out the top universities that offer the course after class 12th PCB which you want to pursue ahead.
- Check the university’s ranking at the national and international levels and go through the syllabus of the respective course.
- Check about the relevance and package of the course you’ve selected.
List of Courses after 12th PCB
Many new courses are added to the list and have career opportunities at their best, and the employment rate has also increased in this sector. The list of the following courses includes-
MBBS: It is an undergraduate degree for those students who want to make their career as a doctor.
The complete form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The curriculum of MBBS includes subjects such as anatomy, pharmacology, pathology, community health & medicine, pediatrics, and surgery.
BHMS: The complete form of BHMS is Bachelor of Homeopathic medicine and surgery. It is an undergraduate course after class 12th, which covers all the medical knowledge of the homeopathic system.
BAMS: Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery is also an undergraduate degree in the medical field, providing knowledge about Ayurveda and ayurvedic medicines. One can also practice Ayurveda medicines at the postgraduate level.
BDS- Bachelor of Dental surgery, also known as BDS, is another field of expertise in medical background. You can complete this course in 5 years, including one year of internship for experience level.
B.Sc- Bachelor of science is a bachelor’s degree from a three-year to a five-year course. It is one of the standard courses students wish to pursue after completing class 12th.
B.Pharmacy– Bachelor of Pharmacy is a four-year undergraduate course that prepares medicines and dispenses. The degree in pharmacy is also known as Bpharm, PharmD, and Pharm B.
BPT– Bachelor of Physiotherapy is also a four-year undergraduate course that provides specialized knowledge in the science of physical movement and prevents disability and diseases of movement.
BUMS: The complete form of BUMS is Bachelor of Unani medicine and surgery, which is an undergraduate course in Unani medicine and surgery.
Biotechnology– There is a course named Bachelor of Biotechnology that includes every inch about integrating natural sciences and engineering sciences to achieve the application of organisms, cells, parts thereof, and molecular analogs for products and services.”
Microbiology is the study of microorganisms and their activities because they affect every aspect of our lives.
Bioinformatics is a study at the intersection of computer programming, big data, and biology. It is a course to understand biological data well.
Forensic Sciences: This subject is related to forensic science degree programs. The application of science works in tandem with the legal system.
Genetics: There is an undergraduate degree called Bachelor of Science in genetics. It is a three-year course that studies the variation and heredity in living bodies.
Nursing: There is a bachelor’s degree named Bachelor of nursing, a profession within the health care sector. This course duration is of three to four years.
Environmental Science: This program is related to saving and protecting our environment. It includes a study from every area, including geography, biology, physics, etc.
List of Courses after 12th PCB Other Than Medical
There are various courses after the 12th PCB which are related to science but not particularly medical. They are-:
- B.Sc. in Botany: An undergraduate degree program mostly preferred by students who have studied biology in class 12th. The duration of the course is 3 years. Students who are interested in ecology, forestry, and plants can pursue this course.
- B.Sc. in Zoology: is a three-year undergraduate program that includes advanced study and research work. It covers the form, function, and behavior of animals and elucidates general biological principles through the study of specialized or experimentally tractable systems.
- B.Sc. in Home Science: B.Sc. Home Science is a 3-year course that emphasizes scientific learning of subjects like nutrition, dietetics, human development, home economics, textile, fashion designing, and extension education that help to maintain the living standards of a family.
- B.Sc. in Environment Science: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science is an undergraduate course that aims to impart knowledge to eligible candidates on sustainable development, ecological sustainability, environmental health, and many more. This course is specially meant for students who wish to have a clear understanding of various environmental issues and the measures which can be undertaken to protect the environment. A Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science has a total duration of 3 years. It consists of 6 semesters with a duration of 6 months each. For distance learning programs, the minimum duration is 3 years while the maximum duration is around 6 years.
- B.Sc. in Food Technology: Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology is a full-time undergraduate program that is of 3-year duration. This program involves an advanced study of techniques and activities which are involved in Preserving, Processing, and Manufacturing food.
- B.Sc. in Agriculture: Bachelor of Science or BSc in Food Technology is a full-time undergraduate program that is of 3-year duration. This program involves an advanced study of techniques and activities which are involved in Preserving, Processing, and Manufacturing food.
- B.Sc. in Horticulture: a 4-year degree advanced program in the field of agricultural science that comprises subjects regarding the cultivation of plants and the study of seeds. The program also covers plant disease growth and genetics.
- B.Sc. in Fisheries: BSc Fisheries is a full-time graduate course that focuses on fishes, different breeds, ecosystems, their feeds, and diseases, among other topics. It is a 4-year UG program that includes the study of fish, fisheries, and their management.
- B.Sc. in Radiography: Radiography, a paramedical course that is being offered to students who aspire to practice diagnostic tests in medical treatments using the methods of radiation. Bachelors of Science or BSc Radiography is a course with a span of 3 years and divided on a semester basis with around 6 semesters all through the course. Radiography is a paramedical field that deals with the treatment of diseases that are related to the internal parts of the body. In the process of this treatment, they make use of X- rays.
- B.Sc. in Nutrition and Dietetics: an undergraduate full-time course in nutrition and dietetics. The course is generally of 3-years duration. It is generally taken up by bioscience students. It covers the topics in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics Science and teaches its students how to prepare a proper diet for people, food management, components of a balanced diet, eating habits, and Lifestyle management, among others.
Diploma Courses after 12th PCB
Diploma courses fall under this category and are mostly preferred among students who want to join the workforce earlier. There are various diploma courses that a student can opt for after completing class 12th in PCB. A list of these courses is presented below-
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics
List of Courses after 12th PCB: Physics
There are several courses in which students can make their careers after opting for science in the 12th standard. Those whose primary focus is on physics have the choice to select an undergraduate degree with a period of three to four years.
These degrees include courses like-
- Information Technology (IT)
(B.Sc – 3 years
B. Tech – 4 years)
(B.Sc – 3 years
B. Tech – 4 years)
(B.Sc – 3 years
B. Tech 4 years)
- Merchant Navy
- BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
- Environmental Science
- B.Sc (Bachelor in Science)
List of Courses after 12th PCB: Chemistry
There are few good courses in which students can enroll their names after completing class 12th from the science stream, and the main focus is on chemistry. Chemistry is a field that involves the Study of matter and various compounds and their reactions. The list of these courses is mentioned below-
- B.Sc (Analytical methods in Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- B.Sc (Applied Chemistry)
- B.Sc (H) Chemistry
- B.Sc (Industrial Chemistry)
- B.Sc (Food and Nutrition)
- B.Sc (Nursing)
- B.Sc (Textile Designing)
Scholarships for the courses after the 12th PCB
A scholarship is a form of financial help for students to complete their higher education further, whether from India or Abroad. There are many scholarships available for students after completing class 12th from different streams, whether it is science, commerce, or arts. Scholarships are provided mainly for students pursuing several programs at the UG level, and these scholarships are provided based on some criteria. There are various types of scholarships that are mentioned below-
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2022, Assam||SC students in Class 11 and above||Up to INR 1,200 per month and other allowances|
|Dr Ambedkar Medhavi Chhattar Sanshodhit Yojna, Haryana 2022||Students of Class 11 and above||Multiple awards|
|SOF National Science Olympiad (NSO)||Class 1 to 12 students||Up to INR 50,000 and other benefits|
|SOF International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)||12th Passed||Up to INR 50,000, medals and certificates|
|ISCA Young Scientist Programme||12th Passed||INR 25,000 and a certificate of merit|
|UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC)||PhD students||Fellowship up to INR 35,000 pm and other benefits|
|Medhabruti Scholarship After 12th||Class 12th & Graduate||Multiple Award|
|Post Matric Scholarship for J&K Students||11th to PG Students||Multiple Awards|
|Prime Minister Scholarship After 12th||12th Passed||For Male Student 2000/Female students 2250|
|Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST)||12th Pass||Up to 50000|
|R D Sethna Loan Scholarship 2022||Class 12th Pass & Above||Selected candidates get a loan to complete their higher education.|
There are many more types of scholarships that are given to the students of SC/ ST/ EBC/ OBC and also to girl students.
Jobs & Salary for the Courses after 12th PCB
You can apply for several jobs with a good salary, courses with expected salary are mentioned below-
|S.No||Course Details||Course Duration||Average Tuition fees|
|1||MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||5.5 years||INR 35,000 – 80,000 Per month|
|2||BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery)||5.5 years||INR 25,000 – 35,000 Per month|
|3||BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine Surgery)||5.5 years||INR 15,000 – 20,000 Per month|
|4||BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||4 years||INR 15,000 – 30,000 Per month|
|5||B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science), Botany/Zoology/Chemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics, Biochemistry||3 years||INR 20,000 – 34,000 Per month|
|6||B. Pharmacy||4 years||INR 10,000 – 18,000 Per month|
|7||BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)||4 years||INR 15,000 – 30,000 Per month|
|8||BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery)||5.5 years||INR 15,000 – 20,000 Per month|
|9||Microbiology||3 years||INR 10,000 – 20,000 Per month|
|10||Biotechnology||3-4 years||INR 25,000 – 28,000 Per month|
|11||Bioinformatics||3 years||INR17,000 – 25,000 Per month|
|12||Forensic Sciences||3 years||INR 25,000 – 33,000 Per month|
|13||Genetics||3 years||INR 30,000 – 42,000 Per month|
|14||Nursing||4 year||INR 17,000 – 24,000 Per month|
|15||Environmental sciences||3 years||INR 25,000 – 42,000 Per month|
For more such information visit https://zero2placement.com/